Star of the show:
HealthSmart Chicken Bouillon by Nashua Nutrition
Quick Fact Nutritional Label (Seven 1 serving packets in this box – stats per serving)
Fat: 0g | Sodium 180mg | Carbs 1g | Protein 15 g
DIVA TAUNIA’S BALLSY BOUILLON SOUP:
- 3 Packages of Nashua Nutrition HealthSmart Chicken Bouillon
- 4 cups boiling water, add slowly to power and whisk all together
- One 8 oz can of diced tomatoes (any flavor)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
- SPICY ELEMENT: Chopped hot peppers – to taste
- 1 cup of frozen peas (more or less to taste)
- Dash of kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1) Heat sautee pan and olive oil to get hot.
2) While that’s heating, add the three packages of bouillon to the rock pot. Slowly whisk in the four cups of boiling water until everything is desolved. (Note: this turns into a CREAMY chicken soup – so it shouldn’t be clear like a broth.)
3) Add the can of tomatoes and frozen peas to the liquid and cover rock pot.
4) Add all chopped veggies to the saute pan, and saute on medium high for about 20 mins, until onions start to get translucent. Add garlic in at the end to avoid burning it.
5) Transfer all veggies to rock pot, cover, heat on LOW until ready to eat.
NOTE: this is super hot with the hot peppers. You can omit those and add regular green peppers, and I would suggest adding 1 tsp of cumin and 1 tbsp of McCormicks Steak Seasoning in place of the peppers.
This is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! With 15 g of protein in every serving, it will totally keep you full for many hours. Perfect soup – tons of healthy veggies, low cal, and lots of protein. Enjoy!!